When you’ve lived somewhere for a while, you’ll find that one of the parts of your property that ages the worst is the garage. Old garages tend to collect bugs, nests, and damage like no other part of the house. That’s because people aren’t often in the garage and, when they are, they’re usually getting in the car to leave. When you’ve had enough of your old garage, it’s time to invest in a new one. Here’s how Premier Group Contractors can help you rebuild your garage.
If you’re still attached to the garage you have or you don’t have the budget for a replacement, repair is the way to go. Repairing a garage can mean:
- Replacing or fixing windows. If your garage has windows that are broken or have cracks in the frame, it’s a great way for bugs or animals to get in. You don’t want that. To avoid unwanted pests in your garage, get windows replaced.
- Replacing or fixing the garage door. Old garage doors often begin to break down. This can lead to gaps where pests can get in or even allow someone to break in easier.
- Fixing a leaky roof. Garages frequently fall victim to a leaks because they’re not monitored the way the rest of the house is. Plus, once a leak is noticed, it’s not always seen as an emergency.
It’s time to rebuild your garage if it isn’t worth the money it would cost to repair it. Rebuilding your garage adds a lot more to your quality of life than you realize. With a rebuilt garage:
- You can finally start that workbench you’ve always wanted. With somewhere to keep your tools that’s easily accessible, projects and DIY home improvement are easier than ever.
- You can store food in extra garage space without animals getting into it. Cans or bottles of soda, a freezer of stockpiled food, or a shelf full of jarred preserves will all be safe.
- Bicycles and vehicles are safe from harsh weather. Snow and rain are a surefire way to get rust on any exposed metal. Protect your belongings by keeping them inside your new garage.
When you rebuild your garage, you can even go for something higher quality than your old one ever was. By having a finished garage built, your garage will be better insulated, more flexible in use, and higher in value. If you plan to sell your house, having a finished garage will raise the going price for sure. That’s because a finished garage is great for keeping vehicles safe, for use as a storage room, and even for conversion into a bedroom. There are so many things you can do with a finished garage.
If you have an old garage that needs a little (or a lot of) help, Premier Group Contractors are ready for the job. Give us a call and we’ll answer any questions you may have about the building process. We look forward to hearing from you!